Supporting both local and global workers in the mission of God
At Oceanside, we believe our role in the work of proclaiming the good news and performing works of mercy and justice for those in need extends far beyond what happens in our local church.
Missions work is defined as ways we as a church support and carry out the Great Commission (Matt 28:18-20) on a local, regional, national, and international scale (Acts 1:8) through the support of both individuals and organizations.
Below is a list of those people and organizations we currently support as a church.
1. Serena Oke, Togo
2. Nelson & Lisa Monteiro, Brazil
3. Zachary & Megan Wylie, Thailand
4. RAN Worker, Restricted Access Nation
5. Samuel & Christina Drouin, Vancouver Island University
6. Douglas Lochhead, Young Life Qualicum Beach
7. Nanoose Bay Pentecostal Camp, Vancouver Island
One of our core values is missional equipping, the belief that every person is called to participate in the misssion of God. One of the ways we feature you, the people of Oceanside, as missionaries, is by conducting regular "God at Work" interviews. These 5-10 minute interviews focus on where your work intersects with God's work and how you experience God in your work. Here's a few of those interviews: