The Youth Are Meeting!
We believe regathering is a necessary step as we balance the need to protect individuals in our community with our emotional, mental and spiritual well-being.
So What’s the Plan?
For the months of April and May, we are gradually relaunching in-person meetings outdoors. The location may change week-by-week and will be announced the week leading up to the gathering. You can always contact Thomas for information on the week’s happenings. We will eventually begin having small indoor youth nights when they are allowed. Indoor gatherings/services will be one hour long. Provincial Health Orders for gatherings are listed in the registration process and must be acknowledged before registering.
Outdoor Meetings (when at the church)
What do I need to know about this gathering?
Bring a chair, blanket/rain gear, and umbrella in case of rain! The church will only be open for emergency washroom visits to keep the indoors sanitized as much as possible. Students are required to wear masks indoors.
What should I do when I arrive?
Students can park in the front or side parking lot. Students can be dropped off and picked up at the side or backlot. Walk to the back and set up your chair (bring a chair!) six feet apart from anyone who is not a part of your household.
Indoor Services (when available)
What do I need to know about the service?
Some outside doors may be left open to increase airflow/ventilation in our meeting spaces to keep you safe. Therefore, you may want to bring a coat or sweater!
What should I do when I arrive?
Students can park in the front or side lot. There will only be one entrance (our main front entrance) Put on your mask, be greeted, verify your registration, and sanitize your hands Try to find a block of seats for your household. For example, if coming as a family of 3, try to find a 3-seat row. If by yourself or with one other person, look for a one or two-seat section. Please try not to move chairs as we have made sure they are appropriately distanced
What about Safety?
As we regather, we want to provide as safe an experience as possible for you. Therefore, as a church we’re asking everyone to respect the written safety protocols below:
Here’s what you can do:
1. Do not come if you’re sick, have symptoms of COVID-19, been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19, or required to isolate for any reason
2. Wash or sanitize your hands immediately upon entering/exiting the building
3. Practice social distancing of 2 meters 4. Wear a face-covering/mask indoors at all times
Here’s what we’ll do as a church:
1. Require online pre-registration so we don’t exceed allowed numbers and can contact trace.
2. Create a “touchless” experience
3. Frequently clean “high touch” areas such as doors, chairs, mics, washrooms – including between services
4. Keep indoor services under an hour in order to limit the length of exposure
5. Create physical barriers that divide our building into two separate spaces when services/programs are taking place simultaneously. Each side has its own separate entrance/exit and washroom so there is no interaction between the two groups. For more specific information on safety and mandatory public health orders for gatherings, see the "Acknowledgement" check box when registering. We hope these safety measures will encourage you to go ahead and register for one of our services! We can’t wait to worship with you!
Ready to Register?
Please cancel your registration right away if you know you cannot make it so that others can register. You can easily cancel by clicking the "cancel registration" button in your confirmation email.
If you’re having trouble with registration or cancelling your registration, please email your questions to [email protected] so we can assist you.